Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I get an masters in Computer Science from an unrelated BA?

I've taken about 3 CS courses in my life and a few calculus classes. The instructor from my C++ class said I could get a masters degree in 2-2.5 years. I haven't taken any CS courses for about 4 years, however. I want to go to a U.C. I don't think I'm going to do great on the math portion of the GRE, taking into account practice scores and my SAT results. I guess the place to start would be with an admissions advisor but they might not take me seriously considering my BA was in Literature. I'm willing to start at a community college in the bay area but I don't think they usually offer much selection in terms of transferrable programming classes. If I can't do the masters then I'll try to do a second BS. Anyone out there with experience have suggestions?

How do I get an masters in Computer Science from an unrelated BA?
Each degree is not contingent on the last so long as you have satisfied any pre-reqs. LIke Pharm - D school requires 2 levels of Chemistry which lots of BA's don't require, so look at the University of choice, see what their pre-reqs are, and if you cannot figure it out, call that dept. or if it's close call and go talk to an admission advisor and they'll direct you to the correct resources. Sometimes the department can send you a book letting you know all the pertinent facts. You can just take those classes separately - but the degree classes, they have to accept all those credits as a lot, if you don't have a degree, they can pick and choose which classes "they'll accept".

song meanings

No comments:

Post a Comment