Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm a physics major; should I double-major in math or computer science?

I was considering doing all 3, but man, no...





I may go to graduate school afterward (in maths?), since I eventually (may) want to become a professor.


But I've heard that physics majors can work as engineers right out of college.





I'm just generally unsure.





If I don't go to graduate school, which would enable me to get a higher-paying job (yea, I'm that shallow), a double-major in math or computer science?

I'm a physics major; should I double-major in math or computer science?
That question is primarily about you, and secondarily about your school. We know neither. I took the computer path, and ended up switching my major from physics to electrical engineering, My MS was in EE and computer science. Yet, I now wonder how my life would have been different if I had stayed in physics. After 'retirement', I do a lot of reading in physics, and very little in EE or computer science. Go figure.





Talk to your advisors and others about who you are and what your school offers, and less about pay. You will usually be more satisfied, and will usually accomplish more, and will usually be paid more if you emphasize what interests you and what you are good at.
Reply:Computer Science sounds exciting.





VOTE FOR ME ON BRICKFISH.COM I ENTERED THE I DESERVE 1000 DOLLARS SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION!!





IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT YOU CAN STILL VOTE. WATCH MY VIDEO THEN CLICK VOTE THIS ENTRY TO BRING UP THE LOG IN BOX. IF WILL POP UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN. THEN CLICK SIGN IN AS A GUEST. NEXT CLICK VOTE THIS ENTRY AGAIN. THIS TIME THE VOTE WILL GO THROUGH. PLEASE DON'T JUST WATCH THE VIDEO BECAUSE I REALLY COULD USE THE MONEY.





http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/VideosSer...


No comments:

Post a Comment