Friday, May 21, 2010

What can I do with a BA in Computer Science or Information Technology?

I'm thinking about switching my major to this because I like math and working with computers. What kind of careers will this prepare me for and is this a good major?

What can I do with a BA in Computer Science or Information Technology?
As a general overview, the typical path after a 4-year degree in Computer Science would be an entry-level position as a programmer doing programming "grunt work" or software development as a junior member of a project team.





An Information Technology degree would put you more in a position to work as part of a team managing personal computers, servers, and networks for a business.
Reply:Yes, definitely a good idea. A major in computer science/or information technology will prepare you for a job that is in high demand. I would recommend getting a certification also such as ones from Microsoft or Cisco which will give you additional earning power. It's one of the hottest fields, despite the dot com bust and continues to grow. You can make major money in that field - if you land with the right company and with hard work, you could be making six digits in a couple of years. Good luck studying!


No comments:

Post a Comment